Team manager Job Description (no postions currently available): Responsibilities of this position include managing and directing all activities and processes related to the activities of Technicians engaged in activities such as receiving, transporting, storing and shipping raw or finished good materials. This position will be expected to rotate through all three shifts regularly to ensure constant and regular interaction, direction setting, and leadership support with team members. The goal of the Team Manager is to meet the needs of the customer 100% of the time while achieving key indicator results that support the departments' strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSMs). The Team Manager pro-actively recommends and implements process improvement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies. Ensures that organization standards are met in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability, Cost, and Service. Interacts with other Team Managers to coordinate activities between departments. The Team Manager role is to align and empower their teams in a way that excites and motivates them to meet/exceed common objectives.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Leading a team in a manner consistent with Veracity logistics core beliefs and guiding principles in daily activities.
- Direct and support the daily management of the team to prioritize work, achieve goals and foster a team environment.
- Effectively teach, coach, train, develop and mentor non-exempt employees.
- Creates a cohesive organization across all three shifts to include rotating through all three shifts regularly to ensure constant and regular interaction, direction setting and leadership support with all team members
- Continuously pursue personal mastery in leadership and management skills. Work with teams to develop cultural and business action plans to ensure continuous improvement throughout the DC.
Job Requirements: Skills and experience which qualified candidates will possess include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technical or in a Supply Chain discipline required.
- Minimum of 1 year management/leadership experience within a production/industrial environment required. APICS Certification preferred.
- Multiple Management Board Experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of business decisions affecting staffing, product components and inventory required.
- Formal leadership training and demonstrated practice of leadership principles required.
- Experience developing, coaching, and motivating employees in a team-based environment required. Understanding of cost benefits/economic logic of how decisions affect business results required.
- Demonstrated analytical/critical thinking skills to determine risk assessment required.
- Knowledge of SAP or other enterprise resource planning tool preferred. Flexibility to work across all shifts to meet business needs required.
Back to other Veracity Logistics career opportunities