Warehouse Supervisor (no positions currently open) - Effectively supervise the day to day activities of one or more warehouse operational function(s). Foster a fair and congenial employment environment that encourages positive employee relations and supports retention. Ensure work practices adhere to all applicable Federal, State, Local and Industry regulatory standards and C&S Policies and Practices. Warehouse functions may include: selecting, loading, shipping, receiving, safety, sanitation, replenishment and product storage processes.
- Supervise the daily activities of Warehouse Associates in the fulfillment of customer orders and general warehouse operations.
- Ensure all customer orders are loaded properly and all accompanying paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Verify proper rotation of product based on code dating, monitor product segregation and slotting of warehoused products.
- Ensure products are handled properly to minimize damage and preserve quality.
- Ensure all Warehouse equipment is operational & that sufficient equipment is on hand to handle daily work load.
- Conduct a variety of Safety, Quality, Shrink and Operational audits and encourage a sense of responsibility and ownership in the results of these audits in the attitudes of subordinate Associates.
- Instruct and provide oversight to Warehouse Associates in the proper execution of all established quality, safety and sanitation practices of warehouse operations.
- Monitor workforce requirements and confer with Shift Manager regarding Associates' overtime hours to maximize labor utilization and minimize labor expense.
- Collaborate with Shift Manager in the development of employee performance development plans.
- Coach, mentor and guide Associates in the execution of PDPs.
- Utilize progressive coaching and counseling concepts according to established policies and procedures to provide continuous feedback on performance, increase employee retention and improve employee relations.
- Collaborate with Shift Manager to develop required training plans and determine annual wage increase.
- Provide guidance and consultation to Associates pertaining to employee relations issues, interpretation of Company policies and procedures, and compliance to applicable employment laws.
- Communicate with Senior Department Managers and local Human Resources Manager on all serious employee relations concerns.
- Participate in the employment process.
- In some facilities the supervisor may conduct employment interviews and facility tours and administer pre-employment drug testing.
- Conduct accident investigation per company guidelines, document findings.
- Accompany injured Associates to the hospital and may administer post accident drug screening as required.
- HS Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of related warehouse experience.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities is required.
- Team Lead or Supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Warehouse safety regulatory standards.
- Basic proficiency with personal computer operations.
- MS Office applications preferred.
- Exposure to Warehouse Management Systems; voice recognition, Inventory control, Labor Management is a plus.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills is required, secondary language skills is required for some facilities.
- Demonstrated Human Relation skills sufficient to communicate performance expectations and motivate and retain staff members.
- Certifications Preferred; Food Safety, Fork Lift Operator, HACCP.
Back to other Veracity Logistics career opportunities